Our offerings are designed to help job seekers, of all qualifications and professions, successfully integrate and thrive in the US workforce. Area employers are actively involved in our programs, visiting the classroom to share information about their companies, providing mock interviews, as well as hiring graduates.
Job readiness classes
- English classes related to specific professions and sectors.
- US workplace culture class
- Computer literacy classes
- Development of a job search portfolio
- Application and resume writing class
- Job skills and interview preparation classes
Skilled Professionals Program
This program, for job seekers with a University degree or above, includes:
- Career guidance and intensive case management.
- Assistance with credential review and licensing requirements.
- Assistance with job search activities.
- Facilitation of professional networking opportunities with other professionals, employers included.
Currently, the following professional groups meet regularly at the New Mainers Resource Center:
- Accounting, Finance, Business & Economics Professionals Group
- Computer, IT and Telecommunications Professionals Group
- Education Professionals Groups
- Engineering Professionals Group
- Health Professionals Group
Professionals Clothes Closet
The Professional Clothes Closet is a free resource for professionals who have job interviews or need business attires for their jobs. The clothes are generously donated by various benefactors and are available to Portland Adult Education students and NMRC program participants.