C R E A T I V E W O R K S Y S T E M S
10 Speirs St l Westbrook, Maine 04092
Telephone (207) 879-1140 l Fax (207) 879-1146
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL-RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
Responsible for the overall well being of program participants by cultivating an environment that fosters independence within a safe learning environment and that encourages the enhancement of positive relationships.
- Advocate for assigned individual(s), i.e., attend all meetings, ensure all medical, dental and therapy appointments are scheduled and kept and assist in developing and maintaining family and community relationships.
- Attend to individuals’ personal care needs. (This may included lifting and assisting individuals in and out of wheelchairs, use of Hoyer lift and maintaining good hygiene.)
- Transport individuals, as needed, using personal vehicle (i.e., to appointments, work, etc.)
- Transfer from one assignment to another as requested (e.g., from one residence to another or from day program to residence and vice versa).
- Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring Individual Program Plans (IPP).
- Maintain accurate records including daily logs, individual files, accident and incident reports.
- Maintain open and focused communication with team members regarding goals and progress of program participants.
- Follow established schedules for both individuals we serve and those set by Team Leaders for staff.
- Comply with all policies as stated in the Personnel Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Be sure any facility where individuals use CWS services, (i.e., residences, day program or community -based centers) are kept clean and safe.
- Project professional image at all times.
- Ability to do standing/sedentary tasks for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform range of motion tasks, including but not limited to; reaching, bending, stretching, stooping and lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (all personnel are trained in correct lifting procedures.)
- High School Diploma.
- A. Degree preferred.
- Experience supporting people with disabilities required.
REPORTS TO: Team Leader or designated person
SUPPORTED BY: Team Leader, Regional Program Manager, Program Director and Human Resources Manager
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE DATE
Click on the below link to see a flyer DSP-Residential Services