Engineering Intern – 10 hours semester/30 hours summer
Portland Water District in Portland, Maine provides water and wastewater services to 200,000 customers in the Greater Portland area, and works to conserve and protect our water resources. Internship will be for 10 hours during semester; up to 30 hours per week during summer break (May-Aug)
Pay Rate: Full Time, $14/hour
Purpose/Customer Impact:To provide technical support for the District’s Engineering functions.
Reports to: Sr. Project Engineer
Direct Reports: None
- Assist in providing asset data collection and analysis services to meet functional and quality standards of PWD.
- Ability to analyze collected data into a written narrative for improvement of District’s programs and operations.
- Ability to work in an office environment and field conditions.
- Maintain a professional appearance while interacting with the public as part of the job duties.
Essential Job Functions: Sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, visual accuracy, clear verbal and written communication, lifting (max 25lbs), computer usage and driving.
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform each essential accountability satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduate currently enrolled in a 2-yr or 4-yr engineering/technical (Pre-Engineering, Architectural & Engineering Design, Certificate of Applied GIS) or closely related engineering or environmental science field.
- Demonstrated exposure to technical software (i.e. CAD, GIS, spreadsheets, databases, engineering analytical applications).
- Skills in Windows and other Microsoft Office programs desirable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both written and oral skills internally and with the public.
- Proven analytical aptitude.
- Possess a valid driver’s license. Please click here to see a flyer Engineering Intern