Maine People’s Alliance is Hiring
MPA seeks a community organizer whose responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment, training and leadership development of new and existing volunteers (especially from disenfranchised communities)
- Leadership role in issue campaigns
- Developing and supporting local, volunteer leadership team(s)
- Grassroots fundraising
- Planning campaign events and trainings
- Leveraging social media (Twitter, Facebook) to enhance on-the-ground organizing efforts
A qualified applicant should possess:
- Experience in door-to-door organizing
- At least one year of community organizing experience or community-building work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and occasional weekends
This position is based in Portland and will report to MPA’s Organizing Director, Jennie Pirkl.
The position is full time at a competitive wage. MPA is an equal opportunity employer. Please send a one-page letter of interest, resume, and three references via e-mail to MPA Organizing Director Jennie Pirkl: Jennie@mainepeoplesalliance.org. Please title your email “Portland organizing position: (your name)”.
Please click on the link below to see the job description Community Organizer