FURNITURE FRIENDS IS HIRING!
Position: Operations Manager
The Furniture Friends Operations Manager oversees the daily operations of acquiring donated furniture, temporarily storing it in our warehouse and providing it to clients in need.
Qualifications: The Operations Manager must be skilled at overseeing and managing a busy furniture
acquisition and delivery program. S/he also must be a strong communicator, organized, able to multitask, comfortable working with volunteers from a variety of demographics and able to represent Furniture Friends in a variety of settings. Basic computer skills are a must as well as a friendly, customer service-oriented attitude. In addition, the Operations Manager must hold a valid driver’s license, have a clean driving record, a proven ability (or willingness to learn) to drive a 16’ box truck, and the ability to lift 30 pounds. Specific duties (which may be performed directly by the Operations Manager or performed by the Warehouse Assistant under the supervision of the Operations Manager) include:
- Monitor the acquisition and delivery of furniture to maintain an adequate, balanced inventory of furniture in the warehouse.
- Receive referrals of furniture donations and client needs, by phone, text or email and respond in a timely and appropriate manner
- Oversee preparation of furniture for delivery.
- Maintain records of deliveries and pick-ups and ensure that the database is up-to-date.
- Schedule deliveries, pick-ups and assessments with enough lead time to allow the Volunteer Coordinator to assemble adequate crews of volunteers.
- Train and supervise the Warehouse Assistant, warehouse volunteers and volunteer drivers.
- Supervise volunteers during delivery and pick up days, when Volunteer Coordinator is not available.
- Implement safety procedures and ensure that staff and volunteers have been adequately informed of best practices.
- Respond to emergency situations that arise during deliveries and pick-ups.
Facilities and Vehicles
- Maintain the warehouse space, including protecting inventory from theft, water damage or pest infestations.
- Maintain the trucks in good working condition and oversee regular, preventive maintenance. Be responsible for master keys to the warehouse and trucks.
- Drive the trucks as needed.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with referring agencies, including case managers and administrators as appropriate.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with businesses and large acquisition donors as appropriate.
- Participate in special events as requested by the Executive Director.
- Attend regular meetings of the Operations Committee and staffing/supervisory meetings with the Executive Director.
- Prepare and submit to the Executive Director monthly reports on operational activities and quarterly reports to the Board.
- Respond to other requests communicated by the Executive Director that might include special assignments and/or attendance at special meetings.
- Track hours against weekly schedules and communicate forecasted issues to the Executive Director when conflicts arise
- Submit hours worked for payroll purposes weekly to the Executive Director.
- Submit reimbursement requests monthly to the Executive Director.
Reporting: The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Additional Requirements: The Operations Manager must complete a background check as well as a driving record
Location: The Operations Manager will work from the Furniture Friends office (15 Saunders Way, Westbrook, ME).
Dress Code: Business casual.
Time Commitment: 40 hours/week.
Salary: $35,000-40,000 per year with paid vacation and sick days.
A resume and letter of interest must
be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will remain open until filled. Furniture Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To see a PDF, click on the link below Furniture Friends – Operations Manager