Our offerings are designed to help job seekers, of all qualifications and professions, successfully integrate and thrive in the US workforce. Area employers are actively involved in our programs, visiting classrooms or holding information sessions about their companies, meeting one on one with students, providing mock interviews, as well as hiring graduates. PAE’s workforce training programs are developed in partnership with employers, making sure that students who complete the programs have the skills employers want and are ready to be hired.
Click here to view PAE’s Workforce Training Programs.
The New Mainers Resource Center supports foreign trained professionals to restart their careers in the U.S. If you’re interested in learning more about our programming and meeting with us, please Get in Touch.
JOB READINESS AND SECTOR FOCUSED ADVISING AND CLASSES
- English classes related to specific professions and sectors
- US workplace culture class
- Computer literacy training
- Development of a job search portfolio
- Application and resume writing assistance
- Job skills and interview preparation
- Assistance with credential evaluations and professional licensing
- Test prep for licensing or school
- Sector focused programs such as Education Academy, Teller Training, CDL Test Prep, Health Profession
Click here for the current Portland Adult Education Course Catalog.
Skilled Professionals Program
This program, for job seekers with previous experience and college courses or a university degree, includes:
- Career guidance and intensive case management
- Assistance with credential review and licensing requirements
- Assistance with job search activities
- Facilitation of professional networking opportunities with other professionals, including employers
“It is a pleasure for me to express my gratitude to NMRC for their support since my arrival here in Portland, Maine in early 2015. I would not be where I am today, had I not benefited from their tremendous support. Even though I had knowledge of some basic English, I would not have landed a job in my field if I had not taken English lessons, job search workshops and taken advantage of the computer lab and other job transition courses sponsored by NMRC. I have gained more knowledge that I am applying in my work that will surely help in my professional advancement. For example, I had the chance to learn some technical English, which I am now using in my job which is in the medical field (pharmacy). NMRC staff consistently followed-up to ensure I succeeded. They assisted me in finding a job, provided great recommendations during my job search, and until today, they check on me to see how I am doing at work. I cannot thank them enough for their care and professionalism.”